Thursday, May 14, 2009

Some of my layouts from Ren & Stimpy, Episode: "Fire Dogs II" (2003)

Here's Stimpy jumping on screen--
Landing--
--and doing "the take." I didn't draw this one. It was drawn by my Supervisor Fred Osmond. I had a crazy idea of drawing Stimpy as a crazed cat with slits for pupils and his hair all frayed out. It didn't fly though.
Stimpy running off, dodging an axe from the crazed fire chief, played by Ralph Bakshi.
Then Ren jumps onto screen to find an axe embedded into the wall.
He does his "take." I actually drew it even more crazy originally--but then toned it down for the show. That's why the copy of Ren is a pasted on copy from a copy and not the best of quality.
And finally, Ren runs in mid-air for a moment and exits stage left--as the axe is pulled out.

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger WIL BRANCA said...

Hey Gene,

Great stuff, man!

Hope all is well...

May 23, 2009 at 8:35 PM  
Blogger Gene McGuckin said...

Hey Wil,

Thanks allot man!

I really appreciate it!

Things are alright.

Hope all is well with you also.

May 25, 2009 at 6:17 AM  
Blogger Gene McGuckin said...

Oh Wil,

I've been meaning to tell you this. If you haven't seen "The Wrestler", I highly recommend it. I know you'd love it.

May 25, 2009 at 6:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home